Thursday 22 August 2013

Going Krazy at lunchtime with Warburtons! - Sponsored

Warburtons have been going Krazy at lunchtime over the last few weeks with short videos of  (possibly the first?) Facebook game show. The game shows which are fun to watch, show two families pitted against each other in the Warburtons Krazy Kitchen trying to make their lunch whilst ignoring unusual and humorous (think giant yellow chickens being chased by an angry farmer) distractions going on around them.
 I love the videos, they're fun and remind me of the game shows of the 80's (Finders Keepers, Fun House ringing any bells?). Kind of sounds like my home! 2 cats and a hungry 5 year old are always a recipe for fun in the kitchen!


Warburtons sent me a hamper asking me to have a go at a recipe that could be fun and a bit Krazy. I had some Square(ish) wraps and Sandwich thins along with some other ingredients such as avocado, lime, jalapeños, red onion, light Mayo, re fried beans and chicken breast.

I immediately thought about Mexican as that's where most of the ingredients were pointing. I made a Chicken, lettuce, caramelised red onion and Mayo wrap using the square(ish) wrap.

To make the wrap a bit more fun I thought about making it a sharing lunchtime meal and made some chips for dipping into the re fried beans and guacamole that I'd made by cutting one of the wraps into quarters and cutting the quarters into triangles. These were then fried lightly in an oiled pan until brown. They didn't crisp up like tortillas but were really soft and more-ish and went brilliantly with the dips. Myself and hubby particularly enjoyed this one, the prop Sombrero I was sent with my hamper made a cute little hat for the guacamole dip.


Littlest baker is away at her Nan and Granddad's being spoilt for the week as it's the school holidays, so she missed out on going Krazy with our lunchtime fun (more for the grown ups!) though she did manage to get in on the fun with her Nan who sent me this cute pic of her enjoying her Nanny's Krazy lunchtime creation. 

 

Even Nanny's dog Jonty got in on the action! I so wanted to try the hat on one of my cats for a picture but I feel that sadly even if I'd bribed them with fish I'd have had no luck. 
Friday 23rd August sees the last instalment of Warburtons Krazy Kitchen Drama Gameshow - why not go take a look and see who shall reign victorious? 
Lunchtime never needs to be boring again!


No comments:

Post a Comment