Friday 28 December 2012

Welcome!!

Welcome!
As this is the first post of my brand spanking new blog I thought I'd begin by telling you a little bit about myself.
My name is Donna and I'm a just the right side of 30 mom living in Bedford. My little girl is knocking on the door of 5 (don't know where the last 5 years have gone!) and often likes to help me in the kitchen with my baking creations.
I have always liked being in the kitchen coming up with new meal ideas and trying out recipes found on the internet or from recipe books. Even more so after I joined the weight loss group and needed to find healthy, tasty recipes for meals as well as baking.  That is where my enthusiasm for baking began to grow as I started to find new ways of making old recipes using lower fat, healthier ingredients and finding that people were still enjoying the results. Though if not cooking for myself I do still like to use the full fat ingredients for richness and flavour, I definitley do not enforce my diet upon others! Luckily for me I have found a group of willing guinea pigs taste testers in the form of my work colleagues at our weekly meetings.
I hope to be posting once or twice a week with tales of my latest bakes, what worked well and perhaps needs more work. Of course with some recipes, methods and pics of my masterpieces efforts and perhaps even a few of myself and littlest baker might sneak themselves in here and there.

Do pop back soon as I received a nice new book of baking recipes(http://www.peggyporschen.com/) on Christmas day and hope to be trying some recipes from it in the next few days...


Littlest baker all dressed and ready to go!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Edward, thanks for viewing my page :-) Please share it with your friends and come back soon to see sny updates.

      Delete
  2. Hello. Saw the link to your blog through Twitter. Like you I discovered my love of baking whilst losing weight. I lost 3 stone and have been at goal for 12 months. Well done on losing 4 stone. I will watch your blog with interest. Please take a look at my blog too www.lucielovesbaking.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    thanks for coming over and having a look. Well done for being at goal for soo long, I only got to my target the week before Christmas so need to settle into normality now!
    Off to have a nosey around your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done donna this is fab and you are looking and sounding even more fab! wish i still worked with you now seeing what your staff have to taste test at work! cant say ive discovered a love for baking yet but my interest in cooking is definately peaking so maybe we'll have to trade recipes :D Keep up the good work ad i must come and visit soon.
    Danielle the dog groomer formerly of the coopers when it was good ;p

    ReplyDelete