Sunday 20 January 2013

Pasta and Broccoli bakes

Just a nice quick and easy dinner/supper idea for you this week.
 I have done quite a lot of baking, but it has been mostly bread which I think I've bored you all enough with for now. I do have a sourdough starter in the making though, just reaching it's usability stage so watch this space...

This week I was trying to come up with some new or different dinner ideas as I felt like we were stuck in a bit of a rut. After a bit of scouting through some recipe books and on the Internet I came up with a cheesy pasta broccoli bake.  Quite simple and cheap but really filling and dead easy to personalise.

I boiled the pasta and veg and left it to cool for a few minutes. Whilst the pasta and veg was cooling I mixed up two eggs and some milk (approx 1/4 pint skimmed) and mixed some extra mature lighter cheddar into the eggy milk (approx 15g) and seasoned with salt and pepper.
I mixed the pasta and veg into the eggy milk mix and portioned it into 3 oven proof dishes. I topped it off with some slices of tomato and some more grated cheese (approx 30g total across the three).
 
 
 
 
I popped these into the oven at around 180 degrees C for around 20 minutes until they were cooked through and the cheese was nicely melted.

 


I served them with a mixed salad and some nice homemade bread. An excellent filling winter warmer with loads of veg and completely versatile. When I make these again I think I'll add a bit of pesto and some roasted Mediterranean vegetables and serve with some garlic bread...what will you do with yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment